This program has emphasized over and over again how accomplished teaching requires us to be reflective practitioners, both individually and in a group setting. However, I also was encouraged to reflect upon the reality of challenges that can get in the way of reflective practice.
Engaging in analysis of teaching and collaborative practices means:
• Applying frameworks such as Marzano or Danielson Framework to guide professional reflection and standards.
• Demonstrating effective teaching practices
• Recognizing individual student learning needs and developing strategies to address those needs
• Providing clear and intentional focus on subject matter content and curriculum
• Implementing protocols to assist in professional reflection
• Participating in active professional reflection individually, with partners, in small groups and in teams
• Utilizing collaborative practices using new technology